The European Museum Academy
The European Museum Academy is a volunteer society of museum experts from different national and cultural backgrounds, united for the advancement of knowledge in museology. The work of EMA is based on a curriculum of proved capacity in developing and managing innovative museum projects. Museums are a relevant tool to confront socio-economic and cultural challenges in contemporary society. The Academy subscribes to the role of the modern museum as a meeting place and a forum for the development of scientific debate, creativity, social cohesion and cultural dialogue.
- EMA Awards 2022 winners announcedTonight, the winners of three different Awards by the European Museum Academy (EMA) were announced: the Luigi Micheletti Award 2022, the DASA Award 2022 and the Art Museum Award 2022. The Awards ceremony took place at MUDAM-Musée d’Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean, Luxembourg, following the annual EMA conference, which was held in Esch-sur-Alzette and the Esch-Belval university district from September 8-10.
- CMA 2022 winners announcedTonight in Luxembourg at a ceremony attended by HRH The Princess Sibilla de Luxembourg, the Children in Museums Award 2022 winners were announced!
- A museum is …ICOM announced the new museum definition replacing the one in force since 2007. The process was not alien to controversy, let alone resignations, with a double-barrel definition proposed in 2019 sent back to the drawing board for various reasons…
- The EMA Prize Winner AnnouncedFor only the fourth time in its history the EMA Board has selected an EMA Prize winner: I-On, an overall project between six cultural history museums and one university from seven European countries.
- EMA Awards 2022 – Ceremony in Esch2022: Programme and Registration FormWe are happy to announce that after two years of remote, online gatherings, we finally will meet in person for the EMA Meeting in Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg on 8 – 11 September 2022 (Thursday and Sunday). Click and download the programme and the registration form.
- EMA NEWSLETTER – SUMMER ISSUE – 2022EMA NEWSLETTER – SUMMER ISSUE – 2022 As the summer is here, we would like to share some of our latest news before you go on your vacations. In case you happen to go to Serbia, do visit the Gallery Matica Srpska in Novi Sad for their latest exhibition, or if you go to Romania, please do visit the National Museum of Romanian Literature in […]
- Women Writers Route – the First Certified Cultural Route by the Council of Europe based in SloveniaThe Women Writers Route has been certified by the European Institute for Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe. The Women Writers Route is the first of the 48 Council of Europe Cultural Routes to be based in Slovenia.
- Call for Applications: Master Study of the Year Award 2022For the third year The European Museum Academy invites students on master level programmes to participate in our efforts to stimulate further development of the museum sector in Europe. Each of the 50+ European Universities – of which you are one – may contribute with one master paper in English, French, or German, from which a panel of judges from the European Museum Academy pool of experts will select The European Museum Academy Master Study of the Year. The overall criteria for assessing the master studies is the extent of European relevance and inspiration.