About the Open Call
DOORS invites small and medium-size museums across Europe to submit digital pilot proposals for a two-stage incubation programme. The deadline for application submission is 13.02.2022, 23:59 CET.
For the present open call, museums (and collaborative tandems) must submit proposals for digital pilots that benefit their institutions and help them set the stage for a long-term digital transformation.
- 40 museums will be selected to take part in the first stage of the incubation programme focused on shared learning. Participating museums will get the chance to refine their proposals and apply for the second stage of the incubation programme.
- 20 museums will be selected to continue in the second stage of the incubation programme with the practical implementation of their digital pilots.
Pilots must be developed in one of the four concrete innovation areas:
- Innovating audience analysis and engagement
- New content distribution and revenue models
- Strategies for integrating infrastructures
- Experimental ICT programmes
For more information about the eligibility criteria and the application process, go to https://ars.electronica.art/doors/en/call/
DOORS is a two-stage incubation programme for small and medium-sized museums initiated by Ars Electronica, MUSEUM BOOSTER and Ecsite. The challenges of digitalisation are disproportionately found within small museums where the technologies and expertise to launch and sustain digital strategies are usually unattainable. To reduce the digitalisation gap, DOORS gives small and medium-sized museums across Europe the opportunity to voice their needs and expectations in an incubation programme aimed at increasing access to knowledge, resources, expertise and skill-building.