Heritage in Motion Award, an exciting partnership with Europa Nostra
Europa Nostra and the European Museum Academy have taken the initiative jointly to launch the Heritage in Motion Award.
These two founding partner organisations felt the need to gather the best multimedia products and achievements at a European Festival, focussing specifically on themes related to the safeguarding and promotion of Europe’s heritage.
Started in 2013, The Heritage in Motion is an annual multimedia competition for the creators of films, games, apps and websites on themes related to Europe’s heritage,cultural and natural, tangible and intangible. Heritage in Motion grants awards and celebrates the best multimedia achievements and products,through varied, creative and innovative means, in order to draw attention to the value of Europe’s cultural and natural heritage in all its facets.
Later the project was joined by EUROPEANA which is now pivotal in developing the new Heritage in Motion website: www.heritageinmotion.eu
Aims of Heritage in Motion Award:
- To enhance the knowledge and understanding of Europe’s heritage among young and old.
- To improve access to Europe’s heritage, especially for young people.
- To attract and inspire the younger generation to experience their heritage.
- To link the experiential and perceptual world of young people to what is beautiful, through vision, discovery and interaction, both on-line and in real-time.
- To stimulate and encourage the guardians of Europe’s heritage and the makers of films, games and websites to share existing and to produce new multimedia material related to heritage.