The EMA Model
EMA does not run directly courses. We are not a University or a School, we are an organization with the mission to gather experts, build knowledge, share the results of our professional experiences and theoretical reflections incentiving the museological dialogue in Europe.
During the years we have elaborated a specific EMA Model which has proved sustainable for our resources activating permanent cooperation with different Universities and research centres in various countries, mostly at post-graduate level and always in a transnational context.
THE EMA MODEL: WE CONTRIBUTE TO COURSES IN SEVERAL EUROPEAN COUNTRIES GIVING ADVICE TO DESIGN CURRICULA AND SPECIAL PROGRAMS, PROVIDING SPEAKERS AND DIDACTIC MATERIALS, ORGANISING SEMINARS AND STUDY TOURS, ENCOURAGING BEST PRACTICES, PROMOTING INNOVATION IN THE CONTENTS AND IN THE TEACHING METHODOLOGY.
European Museum Academy is actively involved in the following courses:
- International School of Museology – Piran (Slo) organised by the Forum of Slavic Cultures and the Primorska University.
- IULM University Milan (I): Master Course in European Museology (under the EMA auspicies).
- Public History Project post graduate courses – University of Amsterdam and Fondazione Micheletti (NL/I).
CosmoCaixa, Barcelona (SP): Course in Scientific Museography (in 2014 temporarely suspended.)
- Kenneth Hudson Seminar: is a programme directly run every year in Autumn by EMA in partnership with different organizations according to circumstances. Proceedings of most editions are available on this website.
- State University of Padua (I) -Faculty of History: The Kenneth Hudson Library.